Come to a lecture, workshop, or garden tour. Visit with us at a farmers market or festival. Buy plants from our gardens. We always have something fun going on.
- This event has passed.
Garden Basics – Fall Vegetable Gardening
July 8, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Learn the secret to having a great fall vegetable garden!
Garden Basics – Planning the Fall Vegetable Garden offers basic guidance to help you get started. Learn from Master Gardeners who will provide free advice on the following topics and lots more:
- Keeping your summer garden going and extending the growing season into fall.
- Determining which vegetables grow best in the fall and their specific growing needs.
- Preparing a planting schedule for a fall garden.
- Knowing when and how to harvest fall vegetables.
- Extending the growing season into winter.
HOW TO REGISTER: Call the Horticulture Help Desk 434-872-4583 or send your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address) and name of class (Garden Basics-Fall Vegetable Garden) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Garden Basics brochure.