Winter Lawn Care
By now, the mowers have been put in the shed and the lawn can be moved to the bottom of the list for the winter time. There are a few items though to remember during this time.
- Keep the lawn clear of lawn furniture, toys or debris
- Avoid excessive lawn foot traffic
- Avoid parking a truck or car on any part of the lawn
- Avoid walking on lawn if there is frost or ice
- Ensure that appropriate “ice melt” chemicals are selected to minimize possible environmental effects. Avoid using those with nitrogen and phosphorus.
- Consider servicing your lawn mower now in preparation for spring and avoid the rush at the repair shop.