The Healthy Landscape program is designed to provide assistance to Albemarle County and Charlottesville City residents on planning a healthy, sustainable landscape. The program is based on the eight elements of conservation landscaping:
- Provides benefits to the environment, is functionally efficient and beneficial to human well being
- Uses locally native plants appropriate for site conditions
- Guides invasive plant management
- Provides habitat for wildlife, birds, pollinators and more
- Promotes healthy air quality
- Conserves and cleans water
- Promotes healthy soil function
- Uses Best Management Practices to conserve energy, reduce waste, and minimize pesticide and fertilizer use
We will provide clients with resources including suggestions for local native plants – Plant choice matters! Participants will be provided with recommendations on the care and maintenance of existing landscapes or problem areas using scientifically sound approaches developed by the Virginia Cooperative Extension and other trained professionals.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022 season but will be back spring of 2023. If you would like to let us know your interest for next year or have any questions about the program you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for a great 2022 season!