Are you looking for a speaker for your club or organization?
As a part of the Virginia Cooperative Extension, Piedmont Master Gardeners offer speakers on a wide range of gardening topics in keeping with our mission to educate, engage, and inspire our Charlottesville-Albemarle communities to value and follow environmentally responsible, science-based horticultural practices. Our presentations are based on using environmentally sustainable, sound horticulture practices and principles and are informative and fun! Fill out a request form here or contact our coordinator Judy Reigel at email@example.com for any further questions.
After you have submitted a program request, our coordinator will give you a call to discuss your interests. With enough lead time we can create a tailored talk for your organization. Alternatively, we have the following talks prepared in a thirty to forty-minute PowerPoint format which can be presented by one of our Extension Master Gardeners.
Our prepared talk library includes:
- Backyard Composting
- Container Gardening
- Growing Roses
- Adding Natives to Your Landscapes
- Getting Started in the Vegetable Garden
- Basics of Food Preservation
- Soil Food Web
- Shade Gardening
- Spring Garden Cleanup
- Seed Starting
- Sustainable Gardening and Landscape Practices in a Changing Climate
- “The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other Side,” but must it be?
- Pollinators in Your Garden
- “Love Food, Hate Waste”
- “Spotted Lanternfly Hitches a Ride: Virginia Welcomes Its Newest Invasive Pest”
We do not charge a fee for speakers, however, as a non-profit volunteer organization, we accept and appreciate donations. Your donation helps to support our various programs and activities in our community.